Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to give props to Sage for great customer service and warranty repair. I shipped my spey rod with a busted tip to Sage on Monday asking if they could expedite repair in time for steelheading trip in a couple of weeks. I received the rod back this morning. I'm just stunned, four days, wow! Kudos to a great company with excellent products and customer service.

Steve

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Sage & Simms...that's been my experience as well. Companies started by and for the most part staffed with people who love the sport of flyfishing...makes a BIG difference.

·
Formerly FlyCatcherman, formerly Don_The_Fly
105 Posts
I have had two Sage fly rods broken and sent my $40 and now $50 along with the rod and presto, back as good as new.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My switch rod went in a month back because the stripping guide foot broke at a weld. It took 4 weeks, now this could be due to the holiday, but what really got to me was when I got it back last night the clear coat around the guide was sanded through. When they took off the old guide and sanded the area down they went down the blank to far so now I have rub spots. Any ways it a tool and it will get used.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I have had various levels of customer service from Sage, St. Croix, Winston, Scott, and Batson over the years, even within the same company. Lots of issues can and will determine how quickly a rod is returned to you with time of year, current backlog, type of repair, and their current replacement stock all having an effect on how long it takes. I have had Sage return a repair within a couple of days but other times it has taken 5 weeks. It all depends on the factors mentioned above. Generally, a company won't be around very long without good customer service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.