Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can some of you suggest a lake for an overnight trip in early March? I have a friend visiting for the weekend and thought we could get out for a while. I was thinking of Beda, but seem to recall a fish kill in the Fall. Dry Falls? Chopaka? Lenice? I have not yet checked the regs to see which are open before April, but would appreciate any sugestions you may have. Someplace with a decent camp spot would be a bonus.

Thanks,

Pieter

·
Registered
234 Posts
The parking lot at Beda has a "No Camping" sign, although many seem to ignore it.

March camping is very weather dependent so I would keep an open travel itinerary and be ready to change if necessary. Camping at Deception can be great or it can be raining cats and dogs all weekend.

For the East side, Dry Falls isn't open in March so that is out. Chopaka is much higher elevation and the road usually closed in early March but with this weird El Nino year who knows. Lenore has been fishing poorly the past few years but Dry Falls State campground is a great place to stay.

Lenice will probably be fishing well especially if the warm weather continues and things are ahead of normal. However, the parking lot in March can also be brutal when a storm comes in. If you have the right equipment it is manageable but if not can be a disaster.

I usually camp in March at Quincy refuge and then fish Dusty, Burke and Quincy depending on the reports. I'll be interested in others suggestions as well.

Tom

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was gonna say deception pass for sure, that way you can hit pass, cranberry and lone lakes all in one. The weather up here is so unpredictable that it's almost not even worth checking anymore before a trip.

·
Strictly FF
407 Posts
The seep lakes, below Potholes Reservoir, can be fun in March. Many of these lakes are March 1 openers. And you can camp at the State Park near the dam. It can be really fun to explore around the seep lakes ... you could fish as many lakes in a day as you desire ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.