Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canoe dumped us and gear approx. 70 yds beyond the point on the left. We were only about 30 yards from shore. I'm a newbie, just started last summer, but was loving every minute of this sport. It's a new rod, my first one. I was told by a few folks on the lake that someone will find it eventually. If you hook it, please contact me through this forum. Thanks.

·
Kayak Fly Angler
176 Posts
Hey, dt.

I was the guy who came up in the kayak.

You guys were soaked. Glad you came out alright. Wish I'd taken a picture for you to remember the moment!

I'll make a point of deep trolling that spot everytime I hit Pass. If I snag your gear I'll send you a pm.

·
Hot Carl
8,798 Posts
i've know of a few stories of rods being lost and recovered in this lake.

i'll tie up a huge, weighted fly on a treble hook (barbed) and dredge back and forth in that general area if i ever make it out :D

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
How deep do you guys think it is out there? I have some scuba diving friends that I might be able to convince to head out for a little weekend jaunt. I've never been diving in a lake before - might be fun.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
How deep do you guys think it is out there? I have some scuba diving friends that I might be able to convince to head out for a little weekend jaunt. I've never been diving in a lake before - might be fun.
Not very. Have a look at the topo map on walakes site. There's also a submerged boat at the far end within casting distance of shore...you can see it in clear conditions. I've seen guys diving around it before.

Anyhow, in that area left of the point the rod likely won't be there long. I retrieved one in the 2nd cove last year, plus have a good collection going of stuff that came from Pass and its shoreline. BTW I still have someone's fins from this past month...found at roadside put-in.

·
NEVER wonder what to do with your free time
984 Posts
I have an old aluminum frame landing net I dredged up. Don't worry man, that rod will show up.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'll be out there on friday so I will put in some dredging time in for you. It sucks when you loose your one and only rod. That happened to me when I first started. This will only encourage you to grow your collection. Let the rod addiction begin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.