Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Slainte
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the "Gang" headed up to Pass Lake on Saturday. Yours Truly left his wading belt firmly attached to the crapper door handle, if found, please return to retard.
Fishing was very slow although Backyard nailed a few, one very healty brown that litteraly tore his line up. ******, MacRowdy, Otherwhitemeat, and friends all showed up to cast their luck on the lake. Hopefully they will share their stories.
There were thousands of shucks on the water when we arrived and chironomids did account for several fish caught. Backyard was a rebel and he can "fess up" on what he was using. We headed to Lone to try and get me some fish and we did. Three shakers around 10" nailed my sparkle leech. Long day fishing, but what better way to spend a day than with friends???

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Got to love it when 2 guys post at the same time. So anyway, lone lake, fished it today. Lots of 10 inchers. Must of just got a shipment of fish. Hope they grow big and strong.....YT:smokin

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Hey Roper! That was you at Lone Lake with the Outcast Fat Cat? I was the guy who told you about nicking the 16-incher on an olive and black bugger. Cool meeting WFF people somewhere other than online! Too bad about the wading belt, though. I wish you luck!

·
SANCHO!
1,680 Posts
Yesterday was hella fun, Thanx Roper :thumb

Breaking so many off was a bit trying almost to the point of hilarity. I wish I had the "sweet knots" yesterday so more fish would have come to visit the boat.

Another trip very soon is in order, to take a shot at that brown that made me "his bitch".

My legs are about to fall off cause of the gail force winds on lone lake. Wish I had thought to bring a weight.

That picture roper posted is of a gigantic rainbow... It just looks small due to my Shaq like proportions. No really, ask anyone here... Im huge.. heh

Well I'm out to go fishing... Here's a picture for ya roper.

http://www.webauction4u.com/images/listingimages/byrs/fish/DSCN7119.JPG

·
Stephen Mull
645 Posts
Visited Pass Lake today to find the conditions about the same as you guys decsribed. Nothing was hitting. I got one hit all day (that I missed). One guy caught a beautiful 22in brown but that was about it as far as I could tell. What could be the cause of the slow fishing at the Pass?

·
Slainte
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah! Huge rainbow...

...you're just holding it at the wrong angle which foreshortens the perspective...yeah, that's it!

You sneaky little bugger, when did you snap that?

Roper,

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was at Pass on Saturday as well. I din't get there till around noon though. I gotta tell you I had one of my better days there in quite awhile. The wind was a problem at times but I went up to the north end and managed to bring to hand 5 really nice fish, biggest was 18". I missed at least as many to, one broke me off, never saw it. I also fished there Friday but only for a couple hours, landed one 16" and 2 misses. All my fish were caught on either black or brown woolie's. Tried a few other flies but no taker's.
Oldman, if you read this we are going to the secret lake next Sunday. It'll be our first stop on a marathon fishing day, planning on hitting serval lakes.
Also I stopped at Lake Sixteen on the way home yesterday, lots of boats and fish. All planter's though, fished right at the surface, plenty of action, just no size, it was still fun.
Later all,
Jim J

·
Registered
228 Posts
Jeez, seems like everyone was at Pass Saturday. I had a dark blue Fat Cat and was fishing primarily the north and west side from 1:30 till 10:00. It was unusually slow for this time of the year, but I landed five rainbows to 18", and a beauty of a brown on a mayfly nymph (picture posted in the gallery). Who were the two in the drift boat that came down to the north end? One guy was casting eighty feet at least. Nice stroke, but I didn't see you land any. Always a great day on Pass Lake. Happy Birthday, ******.
aaron j

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Wait a minute, I saw all you guys! I stick out like a sore thumb, how come nobody said hello?? Was one of you guys the one who broke his rod?? Did you guys see Steve Raymond just slaying 'em? The red Drift boat, I saw those guys launching casts. So basically, 2/3's of the guys from this site were at the lake. Too funny. YT:smokin

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Will try to make it as I don't have much pressing. If I can remember which secret lake it is as there are so many of them out there.

Jim

·
Registered
228 Posts
Obviously, we are going to have to become a little less anitsocial and start introducing ourselves. Often I quietly paddle by someone and leave them alone, because if they are anything like me, they are concentrating on the end of their line. I will make an effort to talk more with my fellow fly flingers. There's just too much good people out there.
Happiness is a tight line.
aaron j

·
Registered
114 Posts
I remember going by a blue Fat Cat. I was in the green Southfork. I tried the west bank on the way up to the north end, nothing. I guess we need some stickers with the WFF logo. I like the hat idea to, are there any plans to get any? I saw the guy that was making the long cast but didn't see him hook anything. A guy in a really big cat-a-raft just past the bay by the road got a couple.
Oldman, the secret lake is up the Mt. Baker road, does that jog your memory? My fishing partner and I are going there first thing Sunday, then not sure yet what other lakes we'll visit. I won't soon forget your antic's getting your cat-a-raft off the top of your car! haha And then the thrashing around out on the lake. Let's not forget the expletive's about your fishing abilities too. If you can make it we'll see ya there.
Later all,
Jim J

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts

I do it a different way now. No more swearing. I take in pieces The frames on top, the pontoons in the back and it only takes about 3 minutes to blow it up and put it together. After I take it out of my beast. I tried out my fins for the first time yesterday. They work fine but because it's me I found out that I had a hard time trying to get it going the way I want it to. But with practice I will over come. Going to try someplace else today,not to sure where but it will be where there's water.

Jim

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Just make sure to only inflate the one side half way....that way others can enjoy their time out on the water watching an old man flail around and get soaking wet :p :p :p }( }( }(

~Patrick ><>

·
Slainte
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Embroidered patches

In the photo of the old Roper above, there are two patches on his left shoulder. Them's the "O-fish-al" WFF patches. Maybe we could get flags, or neon signs, or...sorry, I do digress.

Chris, how are the hats going??

Roper,

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Embroidered patches

Was the whole "hat" thing actually gonna happen?? I thought it was a myth or something?? That would be cool?? Does anyone know what color they are gonna be, cause you know the underside needs to be black for fishing purposes and Old Man is gonna need a pink one }(

~Patrick ><>

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts

Nope I vent back to my pontoon boat it is eaisier to handle. I guess that I will just have to fish water that is close to the parking lot,as most lakes are. It's too small for rivers like your brain(oops my fingers slipped).:p :p :p }( :*

Jim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.