Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed up to Pass Lake seeking a reprieve from the steelheadless Skykomish. Hit the water at noon and endured a torrential downpour that eventually yielded to sunny skies and dead calm water. Slowly trolled through the large depression at the southend of the lake during the rain with no luck. Moved to the NW banks and caught an absolutely gorgeous 18" brown while probing structure with a seal bugger on a slow hand twist retrieve. The take was soft but sure and led to a spirited aerial display and tough fight. Other than a couple LDR's between two of us, that was it. I talked with another angler who got into a half dozen fish during an afternoon rise last week, but picked up only one brown today. I guess, like anywhere, it is a day to day affair out there unless you're into the chironomid game. Shared the lake with 3 anglers and countless birds including herons, eagles and mergansers.

Water temp: 42-44
Gear: Full sinking intermediate line, 6 wt rod
Flies: seal bugger, red shiner, olive willy

-Crock

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the report, Crockett. My favorite Westside lake, I don't fish it much in the winter, but it's good to hear an occasional report like yours. Sometimes a bugger cast right up to the grass and overhangs is a producer in the cold water months. Also a muddler at a snail's pace on the bottom. Love the wildlife up there! Last time I was fishing the lake in November, there were eagles, herons, kingfishers, myriad ducks, and raccoons along shore. I've also seen otter, turkey vulture, and even a few turtles sunning themselves on logs. good fishing! Aaron J.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.