Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like the bastard son. The red headed step child (that wouldn't be a big stretch). That was a long drive just to lose a bunch of flies and get skunked... again. However, Team Rugged was in full effect. We fished until midnight.

OldMan, did you spray my pontoon with your shark repellant or something?

I had one fish on for like: .0005 of a second. Long enough for it to jump, spit out my 4 inch bunny leech which immediately slapped me in the face. (I had to use it. It was the only thing I had any action on whatsoever).

Crump was the man of the hour, the tower of power. This beautiful night brown sipped a tiny crippled emerger at dusk 2 ft. off the shoreline.

At least my new powerwagon/fishmobile executed it's maiden voyage without a hitch.

MAC

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/dc/user_files/486.jpg

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now I forgot it all.

Why can't I ever catch anything like that I think that I have the fishing pox. That means that you are not allowed to catch any such sized fish's as the one in the picture. I will die a fishless wonder. And yes to the Shark repellant

I'm getting very jealous of all of these fish pictures of the Brown's.

Jim:dunno

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well my first Pass Lake experience turned out okay. The fishing wasn't fantastic but just throwing big flies to big fish was fun in itself.

The only fish I hooked were on emergers, and I wish I would have fished harder for them because I was waiting for the "big boys" after the sun went down. Anyway, I am already planning my next Pass Lake attack which will include gillnets and plastic explosives...

MAC - thanks for the good times, and any time you want to go, hit me up on the cell

Mulligan - Im in Bham at Whatcom Community College, if you are ever up this direction, give me an email.
crump:thumb

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Old Man
These guys are deffinately Cheating! Here they are out catching fish and supposedly going to school. Isn't it finals time or something. They are probably using worms!
I think I'll sick Spike on them!
Seriously guy's those are some really nice fish you are showing us. I'm just jealous 'cause I have to work my butt of right now.

Dave, and here's to you

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob, that's just Crump for ya. This is all old hat for him. He might look young but he's a geezer in fish years.

Next time I hit Pass I will be better prepared. What that will be exactly, I have no idea. But I will be.

MAC

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now I forgot it all.

Maybe you ought to tell them about Spike. We all need a good laugh now and then. But then it's not about fishing,but just something to make your day.

Jim

·
Registered
844 Posts
Prepared for Mac involves hording 25 kinds of bunny fur from which he tie flies in various handcrafted styles of bunny-magic. :p

How many variations of a bunny leach are there? ;-)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not too sure about that. browns in the great lakes routinely top 10lbs. my biggest is around 14. they can get as big as 30 plus. definately not as pretty to look at as the pass lake browns though. a better fight more than makes up for the lack of color. definately a nice fish though.

G

·
I was there Friday, all day. I would have been skunked except for a 15" 'bow that took the rolled muddler I was trolling on the way back to the launch. Very sporadic surface activity around sunset, just a few random risers. It pretty much sucked. I'm glad to hear that yus guys did better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.