Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All-

I am still very new to still water trout fishing (Tyler you can attest to this) and was looking for any suggestions one may have for Pass Lake this time of year. I was thinking about Friday night and/or Sat morning. I would be up for some company if anyone is interested. Respond in private if you wish, [email protected]

Thanks alot, tight lines.

JRD

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Pass lake is not the best place to learn to flyfish. My grandparents live across the street from the lake and I have been fishing it for around 20 years. However, If you go, make it an evening trip. Pass fishes much better in the evening. If your really serious about you're fishing, bring a headlamp, flashlight, etc. and fish really late at night. The summers can be awesome for fishing big browns past midnight. Hope for a full moon too. This lake has plenty of pressure too, but most people stay in the bay closest to the boat launch. If I was to go, I would row strait out from the boat launch to the far end of the lake and fish from about 5 p.m. to at least 11p.m. Now back to this lake being a hard lake to fish. I've thought I had this lake wired so many times only to return to find all my conclusions about what to use don't work anymore. I,ve had days up at pass that were pure magic, you just couldn't believe how many huge bows and browns you could catch. And then the next time you go, you sit out there for hours with nothing. It's tough, but I always go back hoping for the best. I've fould the fall to be the best time of year. good luck. :THUMBSUP

·
Ignored Member
12,139 Posts
Although I haven't been to Pass for awhile now. A couple of friends went last week during the evening hours and had some fantastic fishing using emergers fished in the surface film. Sorry, I don't have pattern or size info but, would guess sizes 12 through 16 maybe as small as 18.

·
Registered
71 Posts
No matter how you do now, make sure to hit Pass in the Fall. The Browns and bigger rainbows are up in the shallows chasing minnows. Get your favorite minnow pattern and work the shoreline. If you see any rise, swirl, or fin sticking up out of the water cast as close as you can and hang on. The Browns that time of year hit hard and fast. This time of year I've had good luck on midge emergers down by the boat launch, but you might want to try the minnow pattern now also. As others have said, early evening into dark works best. Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.