Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Indi Ira
9,505 Posts
Fished it on Saturday. I started out around 8:30 and by noon I only had 5 to the boat with a couple of other missed takes, but talking to others on the water, it sounded like I was doing well.

I found my first four around the first weed bed. Three came to a kreelex streamer pattern and one came on a chironomid. Three guys in boat and another in spring creek pram started fishing deep in the first bay off the launch with chironomids and they started to pick up a few. I moved over myself and managed two before mistakenly moving on. I moved out to the far end of the lake and worked the margins, but I only managed one more fish and one more hit, both on the kreelex. I came back to the launch bay and I started to pick up fish consistently on the chironomid deep. I ended the day with around 20 or so. Most were bows around 15" but one was 18" and another was a hair under 20". I also landed 3 browns.

When I first showed up swallows were working the entire lake and there was a mid hatch from the moment I hit the water until probably 5. Most of the mids were in the size 14 range, but others were some true bombers. My best pattern was a bomber mid in maroon with silver ribbing tied on a size 10 scud hook.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I fished it 4-6:30pm Sunday. Not a bite, but I'm still learning the indicator game so it might have just been me. Or it may have been too late in the day for this early in the season, who knows. Not me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.