Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new "poster", long time lurker with a few Pass Lake Questions. I fished Pass Lake on Monday. From 11-4 I got Nada, Zippo, Zilch, not even a bump. Around 4 the wind died down and I got several (7 or so) on dries; grey quiggly cripple #14 and a black flying ant #12, all the fish were nice one was a HUGE brown (20+inches). Here's the question; What could I have trolled, tried attempted before a few fish started rising? I tried several bugger types. Is there a particular color size or perhaps someone would like to divulge some secrets?

Thanks,

Rod

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know what you're complaining about. That's better than I've ever done at Pass Lake dragging anything. However, when I have had subsurface luck at Pass Lake, it's been mostly with muddlers, both standard muddlers in size 6 or 8 and big conehead white marabou muddlers in about size 2. I've also caught a few on olive buggers and olive carey specials, and have heard others speak of success with those same patterns in black (particularly in the evening). Other than that, it seems like most people fish bobbers and chiros.

This is probably nothing you don't already know, but I hope it helps.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
This isn't a firm rule, or based on a lot of experience, but I've had more luck with shiny streamer imitations, such as Zonkers, at Pass Lake than in most trout lakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.