Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Anyone know what is going at Patrick's? They have not answered their phone the last few times I tried...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Just drove by there today and it was open. Jimmy's probably been outside reading a book and pounding schmeglies without the cordless phone handy.

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Phew, don't say that.

I've ALWAYS wanted to go down there. My best friend's Dad used to go there all the time back in the 50's I do believe (may have been the 60's). He gave me an old fly pattern book when I started tying flies back in early 80's. It's an old paper Patricks fly tying book. Pretty neat piece of history. He had written in book about good patterns, but I was more concerned with the steelhead stuff. LOL. Ever since then, I've always wanted to head and see if it was still there. But over the years, between fishing, dating, marriage, divorce, raising kids on own, never made the journey. Life has a tendency to make you forget things you've wanted to do. Now, if I could only get that Kola Peninsula trip I've wanted. I'd be set. LOL.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Phew, don't say that.

Stopped there a few weeks ago. All was well.:thumb Les Johnson ("Flyfishing for Pacific Salmon")was working the counter. He helped me pick out a new rod for the beach; talked to me about fishing the Sound after he came home from the service (Korea, I think); talked about some places to try for SRC and then moved on to help the next guy. Everyone looked alive and well to me.
Rollcast :)

G

·
Phew, don't say that.

Yep Les is alive and kicking. Met up with him the other night to catch up and shoot the bull. His health problems are almost behind him and he is as cantankerous as ever :thumb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.