Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
How do I get on your buddy list?

Since there's no way to know wher you live, it's hard to tell you where would be close. I like the biggger operations that manage the fishing for put and grow, rather than the little ponds that are dotted around the state. Almost everyplace offers "good" fishing however; that is, you're likely to catch a lot of fish, and a bunch of them will be enormous.

In Eastern Washington I like Issak Ranch, Moccasin Lake, and Blackstone (of the three, Moccasin is the prettiest). Hudson Spring near Soap lake is a beautiful place, but to be honest, I think the fishing may be slightly better at the other three.

The only place I've actually fished on the west side I think is no longer there, but a flyshop in Marysville books several in Snohomish County, and the shop in Paulsbo books a place on a golf course that charges by the hour. I don't know exactly what to say about that, but apparently the fish are gigantic, and you get to ride a golf cart.

PS: Ramon used to be my editor when he was at NW Fishing Holes. Any irony notwithstanding, I know he tries to be honest and ethical in everything he writes, whether it's about conservation or fishing. There is a lot of info in the NFF article.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
It's definitely true that a lot of these places are not going to be the prettiest place you ever saw. If it matters to you, make sure you ask when you book the place. You may not notice, of course, once the seven pounders start towing you around in your float tube. Of the places I've been, Hudson Spring is gorgeous, and Moccasin is beautiful too. Issaks has been criticised, but while it's no Chopaka, it's really not that bad, especially the lower lake (the upper lake does have these big power lines over it). and the fishing might be the best of all of them.

A place called Twin Sisters outside Sedro Woolly is supposed to be spectacular; it's booked out of the Morning Hatch in Tacoma.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.