Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey we went to a place up on Camano Is. about 4-5 years ago that was a blast, at least for me! I skunked the 2 guys I went with which were/are die hard fly types and I was barely getting started in fly fishing at the time. We only did the 4 hours for $50 each. I wouldn't want to do every weekend but once in awhile would be OK. Anyway I caught serveral very nice fish a couple in the 4-5 lb range and one around 7. You have one main, larger lake and 2 smaller ones that you fish in, your choice, there all very close together. The owner says that in the back lake, smallest of the 3, has a 18-20 lb'er. He buys these fish from a trophy fish farm and only allows people in a couple days a week, so the fish don't get over stressed, so you will need a reservation to go there. If you find that your interested I will come up with a name/phone # for you. I have a funny story about that trip. As you know these fish have been hand fed most of their life, given that here's what happened. Two of us went to fish the back lake, we're floating there in the middle and I break out 2 nice AF cigars, I clip the end off one and hand it to my pal, then clip the end off mine and toss'm in in the water We both light up and sit there enjoying the moment when WHAM!!! A BIG fish comes up to the surface, not 5 feet from us. WOW, kinda shocking, then less than a minute later, WHAM again just a few feet away, another HUGE fish comes up. WOW kinda takes your breath away, they made like a little whirl-pool they were so big! haha We figured out what was happening, these fish hit the two cigar plug ends we throw in the water, I guess they looked like the dog chow they were used to eatting. Moral of the story take some of those dog chow looking flies and floating line and toss it out there and just let it sit, you just might catch that 18-20 lb'er!!!
One of my fly fishing friends is looking into a place in E. Wa. that is a ranch with serveral lakes and streams that is also a pay to fish but don't have much info on it yet, report to follow if we go.
Jim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.