Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Addicted to flyfishing
481 Posts
If you are looking on the west side of the State you should check out Trophy Lakes in Port Orchard and Pooh's Ponds outside of Sequim. The east side of the Mountains has some better offerings. Check out Hudson Springs, Isaac's Ranch and Baseline on the eastside of the Cascades. I don't have phone numbers or other contact info but you should be able to find all you can on the internet.

Have fun,

Ryfly:beer1:

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
I took my little girls to Pooh's near Sequim. Big trout, big smiles.

·
Registered
215 Posts
There are two lakes at Issac Ranch. From my experience I believe there is always a "host" and about six to eight anglers. The host is usually Darcy Knobel or George Cook. Darc owns the Desert Angler in Euphrata and George is a sales rep for Sage, Rio, Simms and other products.

When you fish Issac, I recomend a pontoon boat rather than a float tube. It can be very windy and the take out for the upper lake is on the west (upwind) end of the lake.

Darcy can be reached at 509 754-4070 or at [email protected]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. This sounds like what were after. I fished some Eastern pay to plays with a friend that was involved with Cascade Springs Flyfishing a few years back. I always wanted to get back over there and try it. We have plenty of trophy lakes up here but I liked having the whole place to only a few people.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
There are others as well too besides Issac Ranch but it is the most well-known. By the way George is no longer repping for Simms. I heard they eradicated the perch but before that, there were lots of them. Some friends went up there specifically to target them for a big fish-fry.

Dick Caryl in Omak has some lakes and Sun Mt. Lodge is doing Moccasin. Over in NE Washington there is http://www.3lakesflyfishing.com/

·
Registered
480 Posts
I went to Isaac's last spring and enjoyed it alot. Caught a ton of fish between 18" and 26". It's not the most scenic place but it has some nice fish. I haven't been to any others but have heard a lot of good things about Moccasin near Winthrop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.