Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Another Flyfisherman
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all! First of all - I gotta say thanks for the info that you guys have given me. I finally made it to washington and have been having some luck fishing. I couldnt have done it without the generous flow of information. Its really appreciated.

I am planning on going to the Penninsula this weekend. I know the rains came and that is a good thing. Has the steel made it in the area yet? Are the rivers still blown out? Any recs on a certain peice of water up there? I think we are hitting the Bogy and the Hoh. Thanks ahead of time.

Tight lines - J

·
Smells like low tide.
7,939 Posts
I drove home from Sequim on 101 thru Forks, Hoquiam, etc yesterday afternoon and all of the rivers were blown out...big and zippo visibility. When I was in Waters West in P.A, a guy came in who had just been out Hwy 112 past Clallam Bay, and he said those smaller streams were also blown out. The outlook is pretty grim for the next couple of days. I did see someone trying to fish a "cedar creek" flowing into the ocean out of the Nat'l Park that was high but still clear. It was the only piece of water I saw that wasn't blown out. I would postpone my trip if it keeps raining. That's my report, for what it's worth... hope it helps. -:beathead -Jimbo

Just looked at the hydro-graphs for some of those rivers and it looks like they have dropped about a foot or so since I drove past them, but they may go back up with this rain. It doesn't look like a solid front here on Grayland beach...At the moment of this update(about 9:25 am...the time-stamp on this site appears to be wrong), looking out my window I see fast moving rainclouds and high, gusty winds out of the South, with intermittent moderate-to-heavy rain showers. I'd keep monitoring the river gages and watching the rainfall and doppler and forecasts, but the outlook is still grim. I'm thinking small rivers from small drainages might be the best bet. Just my opinion/observations.:dunno

·
Mother Nature's Son
1,344 Posts
I second the opinion. The rivers are gone for the weekend unfortunately. The one option that I saw would be the Quinalt as it was in pretty good shape at least below the lake. They may clear by mid-week next week if they don't get any more rain. Once it does clear there are fish to be caught however.

Skinny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.