Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was bought to mind by the newest article written by Preston abut the fall caddis, and the chance of seeing Les Johnson getting back to fishing again last week. So many of these people are local and not world famous but should be for what they have contributed to the fishing game we play. Others of the top of my head are Dave Hughes, Leland Miyawaki, Roger Stephens, Randal Kaufman, Aaron Reimer, Mike kinney, And so many more, Those that give of themselves to make us all better at what we love. Of course there are many but these guys just impress me with the way they keep at it and continue to research and improve and lead the way sometimes it's casual sometimes very serious but good examples for us to learn from without having to work at it like they did or do still. This includes the people who teach us to fish the people in the shops who give of their advise,the writers that give us all those magazines and articles to read when we can't get out. I know I've barely touched on the many that have helped me so you must have many more to mention, and I can't forget Jason and Ed who got me out last to meet many more of you.These guys become stars for me too. Thanks

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Bob, you really can't list a fool like me with the talented group you've mentioned. I'm just a hack with an inflatable boat that had a seat for you when you had a chance to get out and fish. The list you started, and dozens more here on this site have taught those of us who are willing to learn very much. Every day on the site and ever day on the water there are lightbulbs going off over my head as something that someone has shared with me is realized. Stumbling onto this site has made the difference between me enjoying the journey of learning and likely being so frustrated on my own that I might have tossed in the towel.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Bob, you really can't list a fool like me with the talented group you've mentioned. I'm just a hack with an inflatable boat that had a seat for you when you had a chance to get out and fish.
And I'm just a hack that knows a hack with an inflatable boat.:rofl:

I had a hell of a good time on the water with you. I have stuff going on in the next few weeks, but we can get out again pretty soon for sure.

The list you started, and dozens more here on this site have taught those of us who are willing to learn very much. Every day on the site and ever day on the water there are lightbulbs going off over my head as something that someone has shared with me is realized. Stumbling onto this site has made the difference between me enjoying the journey of learning and likely being so frustrated on my own that I might have tossed in the towel.
I couldn't agree with you more. This place has made the learning curve infinately shorter.

·
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed, I really don't think you're a fool and you've been learning so fast because of all the help people are giving freely on this site and in person. You're a smart cookie that has taken advantage of what you hear people say and see them do and it works. That you also freely share it and are willing to help others and people like me is another big plus for all of us. Okay I'll 'lower' your rating a bit but it's still up there and I'm sure two little girls will be saying that same thing as they grow older and see what a great Dad they have to help them learn for their future, wheather it's fishing or life in general. That also doesn't take anything away from all these many other great people that have furtherd the cause of fly fishing in their own way. I only wish I could have met many of them years ago when It was still possible to teach me something and I could remember it at least until the next time I got out. Jason, there's very little difference other that in your case it's two little boys and away we go to enjoy watching them all grow up. I think there may be hope for the future. I should also add my Dad to this list for me because he instilled that love of nature in me or I wouldn't appreciate all of these others too. I did try to do the same with my kids too. I only hope they also pass it on in their families.

·
180 Posts
Bob, Ed, Jason: Probably the nicest most sincere exchange I have ever read on the net. All of you guys are really cool. Each of your posts have assisted me greatly over the past year. I look forward to many more and hope one day I can contribute. Thanks! - Bob

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Bob (casaboba), you should fish with our real life personalities. You will realize we don't deserve such praise, but we do have a good time.

·
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lets go any time I'm ready and take Bob along. My wife said I had been too negative so I'm trying to be positive. I'm positive this has not been negative. I'm sure she didn't care if I was negative toward you guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.