Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BobLawless is a semi-mysterious guy who fishes with a cussing vest bird named Old Man Jim, I mean: Oleander and a Vest dog with irritable bowel syndrome. He happens to be missing his social finger and claims to also have an Elephant a Catfish and Abalones. He has perfected the upside down reverse cast with a drag free drift and is wanted in many states for many notorious deeds committed while fly-fishing. He packs a small arsenal and seems to spend most of his time in his “war room” nursing the stub of his social finger with occasional sips of James Beam while hatching up new plans regarding the future slap and release of a large Wyoming brown trout named Wilbur.

When Fishing/Camping with ******: Never make a mess, Never let him forget toilet paper, Never expect to leave on time, Never think for a second he can get his line wet until he has had a “double tall mocha 2% with whip”. Never “Dutch oven” a pot roast with all the trimmings and expect him to eat any, (because he is too anal to eat anything but his own burned steaks). After 2 freezing nights expect him to want to get into your tent with you. And never ever ever let him introduce you to “Alexandria” his little centerfold tent companion.

Sparse Grey will eat anything you place in front of his face, (provided he is hungry enough). He has more lake “zipper lips” than anyone I have ever met. While fishing with Sparse be prepared to have the song “Motorin” by Night Ranger stuck in your head for days following.

Chris is 6’3” 245lbs, nice as hell and smart as hell. And if there is ever a fight I want to be on his team. He has a huge dog that eats poachers for breakfast and uses truck tires as chew toys. Never try to un-snag a fly for him in the dark after he has sipped many beers while sitting around a fire. It WILL end up in your finger.

Never fish downstream of Old Man Jim. Better yet never fish the same stretch as him unless you are dying to get skunked. Bring your ear plugs or be prepared to hear the most blasphemous string of words you have ever heard. Don’t be surprised when he leaves the river and lays down just to change his fly. Don’t be startled when you see his teeth pop out of his mouth and his gums start flapping. Jim is the only person I know who can eat 10 Krispy Kremes and have frosting all over his face and be completely mystified when no one believes he “hasn’t eaten a single one!”

Mtlhead makes and breaks his own rods and he doesn’t believe that I can legally hook and land a 15 pound Chum with a #20 BWO on 5X. Just kidding. His rod building skills are second to none and he looks like he could even be part of the MacRowdy family tree… (Somewhere on my Moms side). :THUMBSUP

Mattzoid has 7 kids’ works like a dog and has a wife cool enough to still let him fish 3-4 days a week. I am sure many are envious.

Rainbow: what can I say? The guy has got skills when it comes to dark fish and yellow pipe cleaner. :THUMBSUP

MacRowdy: He can say anything because ******’s always the one who gets blamed for it. :pROFESSOR :DUNNO

·
Registered
385 Posts
What the Hel...You know MAC, I really would have liked to air this on Jerry Springer, but you had to start the whole family thing here. The truth is...........I'm your father, and yes I am also from your mothers side of the family. :DEVIL Hope you had a killer time at the "The Hole". Let's all get together and sore mouth some Winter Runs soon. Anyway I should tell you I just lied, I've got 2 kids but you're not one of them. :THUMBSUP

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
That is really freaky about mtlhead and MacRowdy. I saw mtlhead up on the Sky, day before yesterday, and it took me a couple seconds to realize who it was. "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry"

Anyway, I was thinking about jbrodie and papafish too. When we were all up there fishing the same spot together, jawing about fly fishing. And what about the past Spey Clave and the future one coming up. That was kewl as hell, all because of this site. I'm glad Al Gore invented the internet.

Did you guys see the Sky rose another 3 feet last night. I wont be be fishing 'til next week anyway, but holy cow, it was borderline on Monday.

Matt

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
"Thank's for noticin' me" I was beginning to feel left out!:WINK

I'm just happy the rain finally came! High flows don't bother me because it can actually make catchin' easier, wait-wait! hear me out..

When rivers get high like they are now, switch to a 8 or 9 wt with a good fast sink-tip, short leaders(4 to 6ft)with 10 to 15 lb tippet and roll cast big dark streamers or leaches, close to the bank.

That's where the fish are, staying out of the heavy current and mud/silt as much as they can.

So look for spots close in, where they can hold, drop that big fly in above it and let it slide back into the slot and hold on! you will be glad you did.
:COOK

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Papafish and Jbrodie,

These two guys are such studs that I couldn't think of anything rowdy or mean to say about them. That's how much I like them! :) Sorry fellas. Didn't meant to leave you out. Never mind I got something: Papafish has always got a big fat cigar hanging from his grill. So watch out for his breath it is kickin sometimes! If you like the smell then he will gladly blow the smoke in your face if you are fishing downwind. Anything for a brother.

JBrodie: don't let this guy fool ya. He tries to come off all new to northwest flyfishing but he isn't he is a flyfishing champ from the old school. And don't let his long hair fool ya none either. He's really secretly a total ******* outdoorsmen.

MacRowdy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.