Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are heading out the Pinedale area in late Sept. Any suggestions on where to fish? We are looking at the Upper Green, the New Fork, Grey's River, CCC ponds and or any local lakes. We will all have pontoons. None of us have been there so we are looking for any recommendations or information of the area.
Thanks,
DC

·
Registered
433 Posts
I highly recommend the lakes in the winds if you have tubes. A lot of them are too far to walk but there are hundreds of lakes within a reasonable distance with a ton of different species.

G

·
great fisheries. send me a pm and ill point you in the right direction.... the green has been fishing great.

·
Fish Slayer
1,557 Posts
Check out Pine Creek in town!! My wifes aunt lives a block away from the city park. Thats all I fished when I went. Check out my gallery for some moose shots and fishing shots. The wife wasnt with me when I caught the fish....

Here is a link ot the towns website. They update the bear situation when it comes up...
http://www.pinedaleonline.com/

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have fished there in the past, all the way to the Lake. Nice but smallish fish. At least for me.
The upper area and the lake are presently closed due to bear activity. They have killed a calf and have become a problem. I'm sure it will be open
in the fall. The road in was a wash board epic!

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
If you want to do an overnight then u should head up into the southern winds to one of the lower elevation lakes that have inlets/outlets. Also, any decent looking water in the valley probably has good browns! Caught the biggest brown of my life outside pinedale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.