Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the flood at PNP yesterday morning 'til high tide. Arrived at 7:30am and was pleasantly surprised to see only one other fisherman (gear guy) on the beach. I set up well away from him on the south end of the point and proceeded to have a great time swinging a fly through the rip all morning. Saw several LARGE coho way out in the channel, but nothing close to the beach. Around 9:45 another gear guy shows up, plunks down his bait box, ties on a friggin' car bumper of a lure, walks to within FIVE FEET of me and starts casting. WTF??? After he casts over my line for the third time, I move off down the beach to get some breathing room. Next thing I know this knucklehead is into a solid 8-10lb fish which he promptly beaches, bonks, and heads back to his truck. I never saw another fish all day. As he drove off I was working hard to keep positive thoughts in my head...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looked like a great big silver flatfish lure. The one other guy who was on the beach all morning was tossing a cut plug hearing. I was throwing various sandlance, herring and baitfish patterns. looks like the guy's flatfish carried the day.

·
Language, its a virus
1,602 Posts
Most of the gear guys I've met up at PNP are
very aware of FFishers and are willing to share
any info if asked. It can be a shoulder to shoulder fishing
area (when there are fish) but as a rule no big deal.
It still sounds like fishing sucks. Maybe next year....

Dave

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,855 Posts
Likely not a flatfish the guy was throwing but a Brad's Super Cut Bait.
As Go Fish mentioned, there are some super cool gear fisherman that fish there every day. They know the drill in regards to crowding people and are a great resource for info on how fishing is.
The guy you ran into isn't one of the regulars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.