Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoping for a little guidance. i may be moving to port townsend temporally for this winter. can anyone give any guidance on how far i would have to drive to find a winter steelhead river... i mapquested to forks at 2 hrs just wondering if there are any possibilities under an hour...even a simple yes or no answer would help a lot. Thanks, Zack

·
Registered
508 Posts
Go see Mike at the Pt. Townsend angler.

One of the nicest guys you will ever meet and very helpful.

Every time I am in PT I stop and buy something, anything, even if I do not need anything.

Griswald

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
iagree I am sure there's more to try. Bob

·
Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,673 Posts
The Dungeness River has given up a few winter steelhead from time to time. As has The Elwah River

And right now is a good time of season to be haunting the beaches for steelhead in the salt. One popular spot is Bush Point Beach on Whidbey Island. A few folks fish for them on the usual salmon fishing beach spots like Point Wilson and Marrowstone Point. If you do some searching here in the forums there has been plenty of talk on that.

Believe it or not you can take the ferry to Whidbey Island and then drive just an hour up route 20 to the Skagit Valley, Howard Miller Steelhead Park in Rockport is a great stop along the way. Its half of the driving that it takes to get out to Forks..and there are no fish in the Fiorks area rivers anyway. ;)

Really- go west...go west.

Or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.