Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about putting together a kids outing later this summer. I figure August so no waders would be needed on a smaller creek with lots of walk in access. Possibly an overnite. How many of you would be interested in this? Ideas on a location?
Jason

·
Dues past due
234 Posts
I'll also be interested to see how the details of this plan work out.

Although Truman is only 4 months old, he just bought me a 3 wt. SPL for Father's Day. He's excited to hit the little creeks this summer for sure!

·
Sculpin Enterprises
3,461 Posts
Hi Jason,

Let me suggest Tilton River (Morton) or Skate Creek (Packwood), both off Hwy 12. They are two of the few rivers/creeks on the west side that are stocked with fish (rainbows); hungry hatchery fish should be just the trick for young anglers. You should be able to find camping in the area. By August flows should be low enough for easier wading. I don't know specific areas along these creeks. There are probably other members that can provide clearer information.

If I remember correctly, the Yakima is still in irrigation flows until about Labor Day - definitely not wadeable.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.