Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
We fished the Satsop East Fork yesterday. The water is high but very clear, and lots of big fish moving about. We also drove downstream to check out the main river and found that to be mostly cafe au lait, so we went back to the East fork below Schafer Park.
We ran into some locals who said you can only fish below the bridge; the way I read the regs you can fish above and below the bridge (at Schafer park); any thoughts on this would be most helpful and appreciated :)
Looks like I posted this in the wrong place-sorry.

·
Registered
273 Posts
No, we did not
Dang. Thanks. I almost drove up there today. Got busy cleaning up the landscaping and mowing the grass one last time. Fishing maybe on W or Th next week.
Yes, the E Fork Satsop closes to fishing above the bridge at Shafer after Oct 31. High but clear water is good for Coho in the E Fork. Didja get any?
No, we did not get any but plan to return next week and give it another go. We saw 2 salmon taken by bait guys-fish were in great shape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.