Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum... :)

Have fished Snoq Middle Fork - anyone fished the pratt (off middle fork) and or taylor river (aboove Middle fork)

Also, saw for the first few miles off middle fork road there looks like some nice sections below the homes - anyone know if there public access anywhere along there?

Thanks.

·
aka BigMac
1,392 Posts
Do a search for the Pratt on the site and you should find some good references. There are some public-like access along the homes but I am not at liberty to say. :) .. perhaps perhaps start upstream and work your way down ....

·
Joe Streamer
4,156 Posts
As Stew says, a search is a good idea. But I'll summarize: All of those streams have the same fish in them. The rivers have larger or smaller flows, but the fish are mostly 4"-10" cutts, and lots of them. Fishing way upstream or way downstream on the MF makes little difference in my experience. Find a more secluded spot helps though because you'll find a few holes that are relatively less pressured through a long summer.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I second the above. I don't hike and bushwhack into remote spots on the Forks to catch a bigger trout or even more little ones.

I do it for the solitude - having a small stretch of wilderness to myself. It's healthier and cheaper than the illegal narcotics I would otherwise need to stay sane...

BTW - don't be surprised if you take some heat for mentioning one of those 'river' names on the internet where it will be google-able ad infinitum. It's small and can't take much pressure.

T.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.