Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been near the sky or main stilly tonight, the usgs report shows alot of new water coming down, I'm just looking for some first hand info on how the visibility is holding up? I'm going somewhere at daylight and looking for some news before I take off. :DUNNO

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
I just looked at the NF Stilly and can't imagine a rise like that, except by a trout, and as an ex-gauge maintaining guy, I would say that their equipment spiked.

But looking at other gauges, SF Stilly and the Sky, I see they too are spiking similarily, so it must be real. And it must be pouring in the mountains. I would say go lake fishing tomorrow, but if you have to hit a river, then try high in the basin, where they should be recovering quickly.

==========
Genetic pollution damages wild
stocks, bonk those Hatchery Zombies!

·
Bigfoot is blurry
1,913 Posts
:EEK I'm in the same position. I'm thinking of hitting the north fork tomorrow or throwing eggs and spoons at silvers in the Sky. It's a tough decision. Right now I'm leaning toward the Stilly as there should be some fish coming to life with the high water. Might have to break out the sinking lines.
If the rivers keep rising like they did most of the day then I won't be fishing anywhere for a couple of days. The NF went from 280cfs to almost 1600 today. Would be nice if it shows a drop for the next reading.
The main Stilly will likely be out if you were planning on trying it for cutts.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

The Sky is still in great shape. Went down there today after getting my ears lowered. Going to go there come tomorrow after I get the kids off to school.

I just don't get it. First you raise all your kids and then you have to raise your grandkids. I retired with hopes of fishing whenever I wanted to go. But I guess that life likes to throw a few curves..

The only thing that I don't like about it is that their mother gets to do what ever she pleases and I got stuck. Bah Humbug :MAD

Jim

·
Registered
804 Posts
Jim,
it's hard to keep in your mind that those kids will forever know their granddad in a special way - that's something most kids don't get.

Pull them out of school to fish - call it Environmental Learning, teach tme what you know about rivers and wild life and fish. Can't beat that!

jim W

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts

Wow what a bunch of repiles. I don't think I would take them out of school as their girls and not interested in fishing. Now if there was a Dragon Ball Z down on the river I would have it made. But they would like it down there,lots of sand to drive them nuts.

Sorry,but I don't think I'll be there that long. Not only do I have to get them off as I have to be there when they get home. What a bummer.But I think that I will be there tomorrow. Made plans with wife about kids and she went along with it. I drive a 92 Subaru dark grey with a jack-in-the-box baseball nut on the Antenna. Who ever shows up I'll be there.

Jim :THUMBSUP

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts

I don't know about seeing me on the N/fork as I have only been there three times the year and that was way before the flows came down. I try to get out as much as time allows me to. But I end up close to home as I don't have alot of time to travel. But I think that things are starting to look better.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.