Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Should be fishing
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to start learning the ropes!

Any recommendations on what to toss around while learning? I plan to throw streamers eventually.

I think I will start off with the hook clipped off.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Time to start learning the ropes!

Any recommendations on what to toss around while learning? I plan to throw streamers eventually.

I think I will start off with the hook clipped off.
I've cast the 12'6" 7wt Spey several times. I know 3 people who own that rod. Pair it with a skagit short as recommend on the airflo website. I have a much more expensive rod of the same length and weight and I think the Lsi is a great rod for the price. I was very impressed.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Spud, thanks for bringing the LSI sale to my attention and helping me lighten my wallet.:rolleyes::D

Actually I had a 50$ gift certificate that I was worried about with the Bass Pro takeover so used it and brought the price down to $49.99 with free shipping. I also went through Active Junky which gave another 10% on Cabela's purchases so ended up with a pretty decent rod for 40$ out of pocket plus tax.
http://activejunky.com/retailer/cabelas

I went with the 9'6" 7wt hoping it will make a good streamer rod.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I own the 7126-4 and it casts excellent. Airflo compact skagit 510, airflo miracle braid for running line, get you a couple of MOW tips, shoot about a mile and a half.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.