Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all on board, New here but have been lurking for about 3 weeks. Excellent place to read, learn, enjoy.

I am getting away for a couple of days and wanted to ask about fishing Quail lake this time of year...Will be in float tube, I have been flyfishing for about 20 years, but I still consider myself a beginner...Any fly tips or fishing techniques would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has fished Half-Moon lake or Morgan lake that would be helpful.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Griswald

·
Registered
408 Posts
First off, I haven't fished Quail in years. Is maybe half mile walk on the trail to the lake, if you want you can go the water route thru Herman till you find the tiny creek running out of Quail, then it is just 5oyrds to Quail. We used to take our canoe in that way. Would be a long paddle thru herman in a tube. Shallow weedy bay on the very far end of lake used to have big rising fish at times, near end has some shallows, your standard weighted nymphs below an indicator worked fine. Sink line drug thru depths of lake can be fun. I understand this is a REAL deep lake. Not sure what is in the lake now, has been a real up and down lake for a lot of years.
Good luck!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.