Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished Quail Lake in the Potholes/Otehello area recently? If so, I would greatly appreciate any info! Thanks!

Greg

·
Registered
25 Posts
I Used to fish Quail lake a lot back in the mid to late 80's. At that time the fishing was really good at times for some big strong rainbows. I almost lost a fly rod there when it flew off my float tube when rainbow took my fly while I was taking a photo of a friend's fish. I was just barely able to reach down in the water far enough to grab it. I did make it there last spring for the first time since the state rehabilitated the lake back in the early 90's. Fishing was slow but a friend managed to land a really nice Brown that was about 18". I also saw a lot of nice fish rising. If you are looking to catch a lot of fish than I would skip it, but if you want the opportunity to cath a nice Brown than I would give it a shot if you have the chance. Besides if the fishing is no good you will be right in the middle of many other lakes to choose from.

p.s. If you decide to go let me know how you do, I have been thinking of giving it a try myself.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got an e mail from someone on this forum that fished Quail recently and said that they caught 5 rainbows in the 12-14" range.

My regular (as opposed to my irregular) fishing buddy called the Ephrata office of the WSF&G and they told him that the rehab of the lake was not successful and the sunfish are out eating the planted trout so therefore the few trout that survive don't get very big. They suggested that Lenice or Nunnelly would be better options.

I'm taking their suggestion and heading to Lenice.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.