Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am planning to be fishing on the Peninsula next week. We are going to start on the Bogachiel, maybe the Hoh, and several days on the Queets and/or the Humptulips. I have not drifted the Queets for several years. Any information on the lower drift to the Clearwater would be helpful. Any blockage ect. Also is there a drift from the campground to Streeters. Probably will have an open seat on some of those days also. Thanks for any info. Jim

·
Moving to FL
598 Posts
The upper river float is sort of a pain to get to now, but I've done it the past 2 years in April. 2 years ago there was a blockage that required a portage, but when I did the camp to Streeters float in my pontoon in April it was clear the way I went. However, it was very skinny at times and you should scout that braided section (I think there were 3 channels at one point). I probably wouldn't take a drift boat down it. The lower river float is (was) cake if you go left at the island below the slide. The Salmon river run is totally different now. Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.