Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I use both rio and airflo on my single and two handed rods, but they seem pretty equal. On occasion I'll go over one weight, but on my softer/slower action rods, it seems like I'm stressing them. I stick with what the rod makers recommend. On my Loop Spey rods, they recommend smaller weight lines for the rio than what the rod says on the shaft. Almost 1 or 2 weights less, but I think that’s because those rods are designed more for the shooting head systems like Loop adapted lines. Loop lines are actually tailor made for each rod. I think rio is comparable, but airflo is cheaper and easier to cast. I like the windcutter and mid spey lines on my Spey rods though, but that is because the extra mid section comes out and I change up tips and shooting heads like the DC big boy. It all depends on the user and what he likes and what works for him.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.