Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My other car is a fly rod.
111 Posts
I would fish them like single egg sperm flies. I mean, the sperm part of the pattern doesn't represent something that goes faster in the water (I'm trying hard to avoid puns). So, that means, for me, a standard dead drift with a slow swing at the end of the drift. Also, I'm assuming anadromous fish.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
Hey Clint, I just checked your blog and it's still the same. Are you going to put some pics of the finished boat? How are things going? Bob

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Fishing sperm flies will turn you gay.........

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
Clint talk to you after the holidays. Have a happy Christmas Bob

·
fish-ician
1,474 Posts
My question is how are they normally fished? (swung, nymphed, dead drifted, high sticked?) I would like to start fishing them more but not shure how to fish them the way they were intended to be fished. Any advice would be appreciated.

Clint
They can be fished any of those ways. Wouldn't expect to catch fish on a swung egg necessarily but it does work at times. And I believe that particular fly is meant to be swung (swanged? swinged?) as it is tied on a steelhead hook and is not weighted.

No comments about swinging sperm or eggs or whatever.

Wayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.