Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to hit the Cowlitz for SRC's since the beach coho fishing has been less then stellar this year.
Fished a big dry & nymph dropper combo today. Brought about a dozen cutts to hand. Biggest fish was 16".
Got a few on the size 8 Orange Stimulator, but most fish came on the size 12 Lightning Bug or Copper John.
Sorry for the lousy pic.
SF

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dehlan.
I generally float it, but today I was wading it.
SF

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
I think we hit our limit half a dozen times on cuts today got a 20 and an 18 incher. Chubby chernobol and pats stone FTW!
I know who the hell this guy is. And yeah they did the trick. So did a few other flies. They sure didn't seem to be that picky at times. That last one you got was a damned nice fish. Wish we could've got a pic of it.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
I think we hit our limit half a dozen times on cuts today got a 20 and an 18 incher. Chubby chernobol and pats stone FTW!
No apparent shortage of confidence in this new member. Maybe he'll get to the point where he's hooking bit fish and not just rolling them. Is he casting more than twelve feet yet?

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
No apparent shortage of confidence in this new member. Maybe he'll get to the point where he's hooking bit fish and not just rolling them. Is he casting more than twelve feet yet?
I think he's up to 15' now. But hell, you had him in your boat all day, you would know first hand. ;)

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
I personaly witnessed a couple 15 footers taking a couple cutty smolt. Guess its a step up from ass hooked boots huh?
Actually if memory serves me right he actually snagged one cuttie. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.