Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Now hanging at the other, better new place
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple hours in on a little creek today in the rain. Water was up and slightly stained, so I put on a dropper. Still managed at least 5 or 6 on the dry, but the nymph was more popular with the locals. With the extra water there were more pockets, but they were generally smaller and quicker. I'd give each one a drift or two and hit the next. I lost the biggest fish I hooked. It looked like a westslope. Typical.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,546 Posts
Jim,

I don't think that's correct. "Creek" is the correct spelling for both "creek" and "crick." Believe it or not I learned that from a college professor who claimed to know such things.

Sg

·
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim,

I don't think that's correct. "Creek" is the correct spelling for both "creek" and "crick." Believe it or not I learned that from a college professor who claimed to know such things.

Sg
I'm taking the Mark Twain approach to local pronunciations. Literary license; I've got one.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Believe it or not I learned that from a college professor who claimed to know such things.
He was obviously delusional, Sg. Montana is chock-full of cricks & that is what they are all called, even by perfessers and other folks who learn you stuff . . . and I went to school there a long time. Some grades twice . . .

·
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Organism Salmon-like fish Fish Fisherman Brown trout
Fish Fisherman Fishing Recreational fishing Salmon-like fish
Water Plant Fluvial landforms of streams Tree Natural landscape
I lost the biggest fish I hooked. It looked like a westslope. Typical.
I went back and found redemption on this fish, since I know where he lives. Not just that, but I found his cousin in the next pool above him. And, no dropper was needed. Take THAT, cosmos. Ha-HA!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.