Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started off with buggers on intermediate...one bump but nada. Fishing was really slow for everyone first thing in a.m.

Finally figured out what they wanted, fishing bloodworms in 12-14 feet of water. Ended up with 10-12 to the net, all rainbows with largest pusing 22". Missed/LDR atleast half that many, my reaction time had slowed and my eyes were begining to glaze over from staring at my little pink "bobber" for sooooooo long:thumb:

This was the first time I've actually caught fish on chiros at Lenice, I usually am able to fish other stuff with my intermediate, but today chiros saved my butt.

Jarron

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jarron- I am guessing that you are one who caught most of the fish of the Lenice group on Thursday. If you are the one who gave me your productive bloomworm before you left, thank you again. I used it and caught several other nice rainbows. Also used various buggers that afternoon and caught a few more before I left for the trip to Spokane.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sasp-

That was me. No problem on sharing the wealth. It's been more than once when I have not been catching squat and another merciful soul has educated me on what the fish were onto. The next time we are on the lake and you have the bug that's working, you can return the favor. Glad you caught some fish on that bloodworm.

Jarron

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Started off with buggers on intermediate...one bump but nada. Fishing was really slow for everyone first thing in a.m.

Finally figured out what they wanted, fishing bloodworms in 12-14 feet of water. Ended up with 10-12 to the net, all rainbows with largest pusing 22". Missed/LDR atleast half that many, my reaction time had slowed and my eyes were begining to glaze over from staring at my little pink "bobber" for sooooooo long:thumb:

This was the first time I've actually caught fish on chiros at Lenice, I usually am able to fish other stuff with my intermediate, but today chiros saved my butt.

Jarron
If you don't want to stare at the bobber, try fishing the chironomid or bloodworm on your intermediate. Listen to me now and believe me later . . . ;-)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Denny-

There were a couple of guys trying that same technique with little to no success. It seemed like the fish wanted it completely dead still on that day, and any time the wind came up, a take down would occur. I'm sure that fishing the chiros with a full sink or intermediate line will work, it just wasn't working that day. I will give that a try next time my eyes glaze over from my indicator.

Jarron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.