Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
I was wondered about you last night when we were looking towards the creek from our house and could see lightening popping in the distance and then a double rainbow. And you found rainbows at the end, very cool!

·
Registered
6,847 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Not a dig on you but I've always wondered why guys wear waders on waters that don't allow wading.
That first picture has three guys in waders.

·
Director of Stoke
1,687 Posts
Not a dig on you but I've always wondered why guys wear waders on waters that don't allow wading.
I take it you have not ventured into the upper east side of RF. Many years ago I was walking through the cattails several yards from the creek and stepped into a waist-deep hole. Was not a pleasant experience - especially the smell.

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
I used to wear hip boots (bust wet brush, kneel in the mud, tick repellent (that's a no-shoot). Hippers worn out now I wear waders for all the same reasons including protection from falling into a muskrat hole

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
I fished the ford once and was glad I wore my waders. Fell into a few holes at 2 or 3 am when it was pitch black out. I was shocked I didn't break an ankle or leg, so being dry was an added bonus.
Agreed
And I'm pretty sure Ira was glad he wore his after he jumped out on that rock...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.