Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trevor Hutton
545 Posts
I was at the worley bugger fly shop in ellensburg and was talking with one of the guides about small streams and such around the yakima area, and he said it is definately worth exploring, that was all. take this advice as you see fit. personally, I choose to think that it means that it is good up there, just not well known. He also said that the naches river right off of 16th ave in Yakima has some decent fishing in the braided sections. went out for a couple of hours the other day and landed a ton of 3-4 inchers, had a strike by one I guessed to be around eight, and landed a 7 incher. they weren't big but if I knew what i was doing and was on the river longer I probably could have done better. I might try up the river more soon. the point of that was that he said there were fish and there were, so it gives his claim some backup. could be wrong. - Trevor :DUNNO

G

·
iv fished it before, it all right if u go, dont go by your self. u need to go in the middel of aug, the water level will be down by then. fish the lower part the upper not as good u get into more smaller trout. there is a place were it y one way, little rattle snake the other rattle snake springs stop there hike in. good fishing use a grass hopper.

good luck sage :THUMBSUP

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now a days, it's the human vermin you have to worry about. Much rather shoot one of those than a snake! ( I think Edward Abby said that in his book of the Utah desert, when he awoke with a rattlesnake between his legs!)

·
jabs
1,138 Posts
I felt the same way when I started fishing this creek last year for the first time. We hike into the river from the little rattlesnake creek area and fished from there upstream a couple miles. This was pretty productive and the biiggest was a 15 inch cutthroat. Most of the fish ranged from 6-11 maybe a couple 12 inchers but not many. This area is beautiful and I saw a few snakes but no rattlers, but you know that they are there. Trying to get over there soon.

G

·
dont go by your self cuz it a long way from no were.last time i went by my self i fell busted up my nee real bad and no one to help out. it not an easy place to walk around just a safty thing.
if you wont a partner let me know [email protected]

:THUMBSUP

sage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.