Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, does anyone know how Rattlesnake Creek is fishing lately. I fished there two years ago and did very well, but I don't know what the flows or hatches are like right now. I imagine that with the dry winter the creek wouldn't be too high. I was thinking about taking my father fishing there this weekend. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tom.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If your talking the trib of the Naches, I saw it 2 days ago and its a little on the high side. The Naches and all of its tribs are running at a class 2-3 whitewater right now. Try the mountain lakes, instead. They're fishing well right now. The lowland lakes are just getting too hot to successfully C and R a fish.

Sparse

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
(Sir Izaak Walton)

·
Registered
184 Posts
As an alternative, try the Little Naches for those little guys. I was in the neighborhood this past weekend and it was only a little high. It was clear and easily fished. Crow Creek is still flowing pretty high, but above there the flow is nice.

The American has come down significantly over the past few days according to the gage, so the Naches might be easier to fish by now or this weekend. However, if the Bumping reservior is filling up, the flow out of that might be pretty high. At least it has been clear. I am patiently waiting for the Bumping/Naches to come down to wading levels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.