Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dumbfounded
10,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the time of year I basically stop tying many flies. As I'm into trying the experimental flies I tie as soon as possible, the soonest I'll be able to try them is now months away. :confused:

So, chances are, you won't see much from me over the winter. I already have dozens and dozens of the tried and true patterns so there's no point in tying any more of those.

Sigh.

I have been blending coarse dubbing in different color combinations for tying seal bugger style flies but I won't know for many a moon if they'll work or not.

Oh well, this happens each winter. Somehow I'll make it through :D

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
This is the time of year I basically stop tying many flies. As I'm into trying the experimental flies I tie as soon as possible, the soonest I'll be able to try them is now months away. :confused:

So, chances are, you won't see much from me over the winter. I already have dozens and dozens of the tried and true patterns so there's no point in tying any more of those.

Sigh.

I have been blending coarse dubbing in different color combinations for tying seal bugger style flies but I won't know for many a moon if they'll work or not.

Oh well, this happens each winter. Somehow I'll make it through :D
VIDEO(S) Production with "historical antiquities"... :D

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I'll likely get the urge to tie again along about February unless a particular pattern inspires me sooner. In the meantime, I'll pass the hours in the outdoors between now & then - there is much to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I always find patterns I could tie. That's why I have thousands in materials.

But this time of year finds me in a funk, especially when it rains or is going to rain. And, the days are grey. And, black--no stars. And, it's cold. Or, getting colder. And, it's wet. And, wetter. And, fishing regulations can't be put into a tome; I need internet access, too. And, I can't fish, and I paid my anti-depressant down payment on a worthless license. And, it takes an hour to get to the offramp a quarter mile ahead, to spend another half-hour looking for a public bathroom.

And, I wish I was near Sheridan--just cold. Sunny. Lots of stars. More cows than humans. I can open my car door and piss on the freeway centerline, at noon. And, I hear I need to pack a gun. Why? Are the cows going to attack me?

Maybe, I can chop off a tail for tying material. I'll call the pattern "Bovine Depression".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.