Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just joined the forum I am an angler from Cork in southern Ireland. I am looking to find this rod as they are not made anymore. In googling it was recommended to try here as they were made in this area? I had the rod but left it in an open car and gone. If anyone has one to sell or might know where to get one i would love to hear from you. Thanks pat

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Post in the classifieds that you want to buy,( WTB--), you just might get lucky! Go to the forums page and scroll down to classifieds.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys thanks for all the info. Stonefish on the site here put me in touch with jimmy at patricks fly shop. He didnt have the 5wt but I bought a 9wt and a 7 wt at $149 each great deal. Jimmy is a gent I have to say. i am still lloking for the 5wt will follow up suggestions here thanks again tight lines pat

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Pat, I don't know you from Adam. If one of the rods that MtnWkr posted is one you'd like I can pick it up for you. If you are paying the purchase price and shipping fees I will pick it up and send it your way. Let me know. Glad that you got a 9 and 7, that Stonefish fellow is a good one to know. You should see him effrotlessly cast a country mile too.

·
For him there whould always be the riddle of steel
797 Posts
I was @ Patrick's on Saturday 2-6-10, he mentioned he was sending some Redingtons off to Ireland. Sounded Like its a done deal.

Another vote for Stonefish, dude is a solid cat.......:thumb:

c/22

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,855 Posts
Actually, the credit for finding the CPS rods at Patrick's should go to board member Constructeur.
Thanks again for the heads up Terry!

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Dang Stonefish, now I've got to say something nice about Terry? That could be tough!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
using this bit of useful intel, I swooped in to Patrick's today and grabbed myself what was perhaps the last.....maybe the only..... 3.8 oz 10 wt stick ever made for $150...........heh heh heh.... I loves me those CPS sticks! I think I got the last 10 wt.....thanks for the tip boyz.............BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

·
797 Posts
using this bit of useful intel, I swooped in to Patrick's today and grabbed myself what was perhaps the last.....maybe the only..... 3.8 oz 10 wt stick ever made for $150...........heh heh heh.... I loves me those CPS sticks! I think I got the last 10 wt.....thanks for the tip boyz.............BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:
Yeah, but did you scratch that cool looking dog behind the ears? I did & he liked it so much he started dry humpin' me, had to knock him off my leg w/.........

Yep, you guessed it that 10 wt............BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:cool:

c/22

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Yeah, but did you scratch that cool looking dog behind the ears? I did & he liked it so much he started dry humpin' me, had to knock him off my leg w/.........

Yep, you guessed it that 10 wt............BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:cool:

c/22
No, when I walked in that dog was over in the corner on his rug, smoking a cigarette with a shit eating grin on his face. And that was an RS4 stick you beat him off with, not the CPS.......they told me and showed me the photos. Good stuff, but damn you shouldn't have let him go on so long!!!...........now he's ruined.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
& he liked it so much he started dry humpin' me, had to knock him off my leg w/ . . . .
Yeah, after a few minutes.

I'm he sure he beat, er, knocked him off his leg with the CPS. It's the stiffer rod of the two. :)

chrome/22, after your posting I bet Mingo is over doing the Clinton-sniffing-a cigar thing on his new rod right now . . .

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a slightly different image of Patricks Fly Shop now! Is there a dog there really I take it the rest is slagging! Anyhow thanks again for suggestions and for your very kind offer Mumbles I will try to get on to them there in wholesale sports but is some problem with the phones here today on international calls will try again tomorrow

·
Fly Guy Eat Pie
460 Posts
cats out the bag...Patrick's has great deals going on right now on a lot of rods and reels. I recently purchased a VT2 8wt 9'6" for $230 and they had a XI2 for similar price, along with many TCR's and various other spey rods for a very very good price. Last time I was there they also had a 6wt 10' ZAxis for a great price as well.

Not to mention unmarked Sage DS blanks for like $24

·
797 Posts
I'm he sure he knocked him off his leg with the CPS. It's the stiffer rod of the two.
Yep ming, it was your soon to be CPS, thing has some power in the butt section. Dog snatched it away from me after I got him to unclench, had the fighting butt in his mouth & pretty much ransacked the shop w/ it.

Last I saw of him he dove under a pile of Simms rain jackets to lick his wounds....

c/22

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.