Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get the gf a Redington ct. I'm thinking 3 or 4 weight. Probably 8 foot.

I'd like to find a complete rod reel combo.

If anyone has one that's not getting used please let me know.

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hoping to find one local or on here. I'm heading to Bend next week. They fly shop down there has a combo with line and reel for $190. Might go that route and support local business of a member doest have an extra.

· Registered
6,715 Posts
I've decided to get the gf a Redington ct. I'm thinking 3 or 4 weight. Probably 8 foot.

I'd like to find a complete rod reel combo.

If anyone has one that's not getting used please let me know.
5 weight, man. It's already a moderate action rod, and the extra power of the 5 will help in windy conditions or for slinging weighted nymphs. The 5 weight will be much more versatile for her.

· John or "LC"
1,331 Posts
I have the 3,5,and 6 in the CT. They are the best value of any rod in its class and then some. Kilgore's deal for a 6 wt. above is VERY good. If you can use a 6, there's your deal.

· John or "LC"
1,331 Posts
5 weight, man. It's already a moderate action rod, and the extra power of the 5 will help in windy conditions or for slinging weighted nymphs. The 5 weight will be much more versatile for her.
Of the three I have, the 5 wt. is my favorite. It's a LOT lighter than the 6 in feel and action. Perfect all around light rod. If you can find a Redington Drift reel it's a perfect match for it. I guess Redington dropped that reel, not sure why or what the replacement is. A Medalist would work great too. I use both on mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.