Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get the gf a Redington ct. I'm thinking 3 or 4 weight. Probably 8 foot.

I'd like to find a complete rod reel combo.

If anyone has one that's not getting used please let me know.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hoping to find one local or on here. I'm heading to Bend next week. They fly shop down there has a combo with line and reel for $190. Might go that route and support local business of a member doest have an extra.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I've decided to get the gf a Redington ct. I'm thinking 3 or 4 weight. Probably 8 foot.

I'd like to find a complete rod reel combo.

If anyone has one that's not getting used please let me know.
5 weight, man. It's already a moderate action rod, and the extra power of the 5 will help in windy conditions or for slinging weighted nymphs. The 5 weight will be much more versatile for her.

·
John or "LC"
1,324 Posts
I have the 3,5,and 6 in the CT. They are the best value of any rod in its class and then some. Kilgore's deal for a 6 wt. above is VERY good. If you can use a 6, there's your deal.

·
John or "LC"
1,324 Posts
5 weight, man. It's already a moderate action rod, and the extra power of the 5 will help in windy conditions or for slinging weighted nymphs. The 5 weight will be much more versatile for her.
Of the three I have, the 5 wt. is my favorite. It's a LOT lighter than the 6 in feel and action. Perfect all around light rod. If you can find a Redington Drift reel it's a perfect match for it. I guess Redington dropped that reel, not sure why or what the replacement is. A Medalist would work great too. I use both on mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.