Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this rod when I was working for a company when it looked like I may do some travelling, and I planned to throw it in to my carry-on. It's amazing how much more compact a 6 piece rod is than a 4. I know of people who from time to time were not able to carry-on their 4 piece rods on to planes, so the 6 piece looked like the answer to me. Unfortunately, my time with the company ended before I could fish the rod. I've only cast the rod a couple of times.

I used to have a 5 piece Sage (it "disappeared" during a divorce), and I never was a fan of the odd-numbered piece rod. I prefer having the even number so I can break it down in into even halves when fishing.

On to the rod. It's a very powerful 5 weight, and some might consider it a 6 weight. It's a handsome rod and very nicely built, and has a medium fast action, more towards fast.

I'm a research-aholic, and it took me a long time to track down this specific rod model (I also bought it's big brother in the 8 weight). Redington, before Sage bought it, offered this rod in a 5 piece, but it was a wee bit on the soft side (for me). After Sage bought Redington, Redington changed the rod to a 6 piece and quickened the action and upgraded the hardware. It's a great stick, backed up by super customer service from a Puget Sound company (Redington).

A bargain at $120!

Excludes shipping to the lower 48 and Paypal fees.
Rectangle Wood Font Parallel Gas
Office supplies Wood Writing implement Household hardware Font
Wood Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern
Rectangle Wood Font Office supplies Electric blue

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.