Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say there is a river that flows into a lake, which also is the main outlet from the lake. Under the special regs there's a season on the lower river, but the upstream section above the lake is not mentioned. Does this mean that its closed waters on the inlet stream, or does it fall under the statewide general rules? Doing C&R of course, but if it's closed that doesn't really matter. I've always assumed that the only closed waters during the normal season where specifically stated as CLOSED in the special regs. Any ideas on this?

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Well that is a good question. Say your fishing the Sultan river. The Sultan below the dam is is open and so is the lake. But the river or forks that flow into it are closed but that is stated in the regs. The way that I read that rule if the stream or river or creek is not listed in the regs then it is open on the 1st of June.

I'll give you one example. The Pilchuck creek is open from the mouth to hiway 9 bridge. From June 1st to Feb.29. Now it is open above the bridge but only until Oct 31. This area falls into the general rules on seasons.

I hope this helps or did I cloud it up more for you. Only trying to help.

Jim

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the response I was looking for. I think I should be ok as long as I'm fishing between June 1 and Oct 31. Often I have seen streams such as Pichuck creek that are not mentioned above a certain point and I had always assumed those areas were closed.

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
In the regs, it says (don't quote me as being EXACT, going off memory) that if a body of water is NOT mentioned, it goes by the statewide rules. The rules listed have special seasons (say different times to catch fall salmon, spring salmon, and summerruns for example). So, if a river/lake isn't listed, go to the statewide rules.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.