Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Remember when you could remember everything?
7,182 Posts
I just used it to repair some pinholes in two pair of waders and had the same problem. I ended up using Goof Off to clean off my fingers. Goof Off can be found at any hardware store or big box in the paint section.

K

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Are we talking about aquaseal for real or is "aquaseal" some sort of internet slang for some other mess?

·
Remember when you could remember everything?
7,182 Posts
Gary, from your earlier posts it sounds like you've not had very good luck using Aquaseal to repair leaking waders. You're right, it is messy and does dry hard. But if used correctly, you'll barely know it's ever been applied. Have a look at this video from Simms about using it to repair pinholes and small scrapes: http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/gallery/gallery_display.html?gallery_id=00006 I've been using it for years and have absolutely no complaints about it (other than getting it off my hands after applying.)

K

·
Skunk Happens
1,015 Posts
Are we talking about aquaseal for real or is "aquaseal" some sort of internet slang for some other mess?
If you have time to kill, read the thread. It went viral before that was in the lexicon. I heard about it through a 4x4 bulletin board before he got the answer he needed. OMFG! :rofl:

Aquaseal is just gooey crap that patches holes in waders. Just be sure not to get it on your hootus. I doubt Goof Off is safe there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.