Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was suprised two Christmas' ago with a Rensetti Master Vise, with the deluxe saltwater pedestal, from the girlfriend! I have enjoyed this vise tremendously and it has been wonderful to use. Over the course of time and use, it seems as though the vise has some corrosion or wear on parts that are touched frequently (ie: cam lever, rotary stem, know to tighten the post stem down, back of materials clip, etc.). I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what, if anything, was used to clean up and prevent this in the future?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Arizona shouldn't allow much opportunity for corrosion with the dry atmosphere.
If you are talking about mere"discoloration" rather than actual "corrosion- pitting of the surface", a wadding polish called "Never Dull" will work very well.
Surface pitting is another story and will require abrasive compounds and power tools. Take your time and be gentle of hand.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arizona shouldn't allow much opportunity for corrosion with the dry atmosphere.
If you are talking about mere"discoloration" rather than actual "corrosion- pitting of the surface", a wadding polish called "Never Dull" will work very well.
Surface pitting is another story and will require abrasive compounds and power tools. Take your time and be gentle of hand.
Mark,

I think I mis-stated what is occuring and you nailed it. It is more of a discoloration of the material, rather than corrosion. I have only been in Arizona for 8 months. Before that, I was fortunate to live in the humid, Upper Midwest!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You should be able to pick "Never Dull" up at an auto parts supply (Pep Boy's, etc.). It should easily do the trick.

·
Registered
33 Posts
FlyFishn'Fool:
How did you make out the with the vise. I have had a master vice for about 15 years and just got another on with the deluxe base with the gray powder coat on it. Both of them are very bullet proof. You should get many years out of that vise.
All vises will develop "character" and that is what makes them very unique. You can tell a lot by looking at a persons vise. Sounds strange but I can most of the time tell if they are a fresh or salt or epoxy tier. "Character" also tells me how much the person ties.

If you are still concerned about the vise call the people at Renzetti. They are great people and truly want to know about your experience with their products and any comments or suggestions.

Brad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.