1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
I subscribed to that magazine for many years. They say all good things eventually come to an end... though we often wish they wouldn't.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh. I'm actually surprised this didn't garnish more attention. Am I the only one that has been subscribing and following these guys for twenty plus years?

·
Donny, you're out of your element...
4,500 Posts
Flyrod and Reel published some of my first fiction. For that I will always be grateful. Sad to see it go. If you like well written stuff, check out the Fly Fish Journal, I think Gierach published something in that last issue, and there was a killer piece on a fishing competition out of Cody Wyoming that was among the best laugh out loud funny writing about fly fishing I have seen- sort of like Fear and Loathing...

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Its been years since I paid close attention to fly fishing magazines, but for many years FR&R was the best. Not because I learned more from them or found their topics better than the other mags, but because they kept their literary quality high and published a lot of quality fishing fiction that was not seen in the other major fishing publications. Kudos to the former issuer of "Kudos".

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flyrod and Reel published some of my first fiction. For that I will always be grateful. Sad to see it go. If you like well written stuff, check out the Fly Fish Journal, I think Gierach published something in that last issue, and there was a killer piece on a fishing competition out of Cody Wyoming that was among the best laugh out loud funny writing about fly fishing I have seen- sort of like Fear and Loathing...
I remember reading your stuff in glossy print waaaay before I ever got online, Boot.

·
New Member (since 2006)
44 Posts
I've been a long time subscriber to FR&R and am disappointed to hear this news. While in recent years the frequency of publication has diminished and, in my opinion, the quality of content has seen some decline, the core strengths of Ted Williams on environmental issues, Ted Leeson on gear, and John Gierach being John Gierach have remained and made it well worth the price. I'll miss it, and hope those great writers find space to continue their work in other publications.

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.