Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving for Chelan for a conference tomorrow a.m. and hope to get in some fishing on the return trip--particularly on the east side of the Cascades. I'll have my wife and 4 year old with me, so I'm looking for some ease in/easy out spots. I know it's a tall order, but anyone have any quick and dirty suggestions? I have the Teanaway and Cooper rivers on my list. Perhaps the creeks above Cle Elum lake, like French Cabin or Thorpe. Anyone ever fished Iron or Swauk creeks?

Any and all feedback appreciated.

Andrew :EEK

·
Registered
47 Posts
What-ever always means yes

I have fished Iron creek and the upper Suak while camping with my family during the summer. These creeks hold small cutts 4" - 6" at least thats all I've caught there. Its fun for a while, you can even let your kid catch some since you really dont need to cast just drop your fly in a hole and watch. You still have to sneak up on them though they are very shy. Have fun maybe I'll hit suak on my way back from Chelan also.

See ya on the water, Brad
(P.S. If you see a brown Chevy truck with running light on top say hi.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I grew up fishing the Swauk, and it can be productive right along the road there, it is alittle brushy in places but there are some open spaces to, I have caught fish up 16inches there, but most will be around 8-10 inches, lots of nice holes.

Gary

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's a great little stream but the regs this year have closed it all the way up into the Stevens Pass area (Smith Brook). The best stretch down below Stevens is now off limits. Too bad, it was quite a nice little stream with little or no pressure. Not sure why they closed such a large piece of it although I assume it has to do with spawning habitat for salmon/steelhead. Anyone know if this is indeed the case?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.