Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Driven by irrational exuberance.
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any river guides more suited to the drift boater or pontoon boater in Washington and Oregon that the few whitewater guides available. It seems to me that the kyakers guides cover water a little harder than I want to drift. A quick check on Amazon found only a few out of print books.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Steve Probasco has a great book called The Olympic Peninsula Rivers Guide (1999, Ecopress). It is geared to the flyfisherman who wants to drift and fish Peninsula rivers. Great info on putins and take outs and each river is mapped. I used his book to find a productive drift on the Humptulips for searuns in the fall.

Paddle routes of Western Washington by Verne Huser (The Mountaineers) is a great book which talks about 50 Western Washington Float Trips. The book isn't written for fishermen but there is great info on putins, takeouts and the relative difficulty of each drift. If you are looking for some drift ideas on the Snoqualmie, Skykomish, Skagit, Sauk, Hoh, Queets, Green or Cowlitz this is a great resource.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.