Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post one for the Green River, and I hope other flyfishermen will chime in on rivers close to them. I scouted the river this morning from the Highway 18 bridge to Flaming Geyser. Folk I have been fishing for quite some time and I have never seen the river this high this at this time of the year. I like to fish from Silica Sands to flaming Geyser, but it is close to unwadeable. The river still has abit of color, and is still very cold. Although I did not have my themomter, I would bet the river is between 43 to 48 degrees. It was very cold, and swift. The upside is there should be good water levels through out the summer.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I might be old---but I'm good.

I don't know if this will help. But I drove up the South fork of the Stilly today just for something to do. The river is at just about as high as I ever saw it at this time of the year. It didn't start to clear up until I got above Silverton. You would think that there was a rain storm,as there was a lot of water out there.

Jim S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.