Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

Well so far my river fishing for the fish that isn't there isn't very good. I've played around in the Skagit,Sauk,N/F Stilly,Sultan,Sky. And have seen only one fish and that was about a month ago and it was in the Skagit. Since then a big fat 0. I only have one more river in my area that I haven't been to and I might hit it tomorrow. The Snoqualmie.

Went today on the Sky and fished with Yt,mattzoid,cutthroat_fight. And all I got out of it is a sore back and yes I made like a beached whale and laid among the rocks. It can't be the waders as they are new(no shark repellant). Also got carded today and heard a nasty rumor that they might close the rivers down earily to protect what little is there.

Jim

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Ya, it's a sad year. The game warden was a real nice guy, I was glad to see him out doing his thing. If they close em, they close em, thats just the way it is. We can always fish the lakes and the salt. Lone lake is always fun in January. Brrrrr! :) YT

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well,I went out again today and to the Snoqualmie this time. Boy was that river dirty. When I was up to my knees I couldn't see my feet. Now thats dirty. THe only thing that I saw was a deer coming up the river and I thought that it was going to run into me so I said something to it and it looked up and saw me and veered away at the last moment.

Since that river was very dirty we went to fish Pilchuck River. Gin clear and still nothing. I must be jinxed.

Heard a rumor from a bait fisherman that 800 hatchery fish are in the traps on the Humptulips. If it's true then that could mean that they are just late getting here.We could only wish.

Jim

·
Registered
508 Posts
yeah, sorry for introducing that lit. into the equation. Imagine, myself, out there, swingig flies through random runs on the Nooksack River..... how many stelhead has the hatchery on Kendall Creek seen this year? 6...thats right I said 6 steelhead..

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I know,after I went and said that I had to check it out for myself and I saw the amount. But thanks for correcting me. That's about the only semi good numbers out there. It's really sad.:(

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.