Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

· Just an Old Man
35,201 Posts
About 40 years ago or so I bought a folding walking stick. Paid about 20 bucks for it. It works very good at keeping the Elephants out of my truck. Since I take it with me every once in a while. As of today I haven't had any elephants in my Truck. It seems to be working.

It's even got a compass in the top of the cork handle/grip. And a carrying case strapped to your belt. All the comfortable things you need.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Sounds like a copy of me...for your height I would recommend 53".
Sending pm with info.
You were right on it fits me just fine. I was a little worried because I planned on using it as a crutch to help me get up, sometime the knees need help. But no worry this stick is more then strong enough. Thanks for a great product, at a good price

· Registered
503 Posts
Riverstick Custom-Machined wading staffs:
Common complaints with most folding wading staffs are that they get stuck, vibrate in the current, or wear out…Not this one…Having built and sold several 100 staffs over the past 3 years, I believe my Riverstick has proven to be the worlds' strongest and most practical folding wading staff on the market.
The heart of the staff is the extremely durable, heavy-guage 6061 marine-grade aluminum tubing and machined inserts. A unique practical feature of the staff is that all other components: the grip, rubber tips and bungee cord are easily found in most hardware stores, This allows the staff to be totally self-maintainable, and virtually able to withstand a lifetime of use.
My logic in using the included hammer loop as the holster is that they have been used, unchanged, to carry hammers for over 100 years...You will never see a hammer carried in a neoprene, or nylon, sock...They have proven to be the perfect holster, allowing the staff to be easily deployed, or replaced, with one hand.
The staff comes with a nylon wrist strap and stainless ring just below the grip for clipping onto a retractor to let it hang extended. At 1 lb 10 ozs, it is solid, and built to last.

I build each staff to your preferred length, or can recommend a length to suit your height.
Rule of thumb for height/length: 5'5" - 5'7" = 51", 5'8" - 5'10" = 52", 5'11" - 6' 2" = 53", 6'3" - 6'5"= 54-56". A good measure is to top of waders with boots on.

Price is $95 + $20 (shipping in NA) = $115 usd total.

Please pm for further information.

View attachment 184432 View attachment 184433 View attachment 184434
This is the sturdiest wading pole I have had...highly recommend them....

· Registered
22 Posts
I had wanted to buy a wading staff for years... but Folstaf? Simms? Fishpond?? Others? Indecision stalled my decision. A little over a year ago I stumbled on Rick's staffs.... and ordered one. I FINALLY used it last week. And as others have claimed, it worked out GREAT!!!! Now to get a retractor and carabiner before I lose it!

eric
fresno, ca.

· Premium Member
387 Posts
+1 for these staffs. I used mine extensively for the first time in AK last week. Very positive! My father-in-law has a Simms staff and his was getting stuck in the rocks and mudd all the time while mine never did. I'm still pretty light on my feet but this staff makes me feel pretty confident to wade out waist deep etc...

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Great staff. I have had mine for 2+ seasons. Can't say enough good things about it. I do not like the belt holder that comes with it as I find it cumbersome. I had a local guy make a "pouch" out of ballistic nylon. I had him put a D ring and belt loop on it. I bought a keeper from ebay and hooked it to the D ring.

Attachments

· Registered
503 Posts
Riverstick Custom-Machined wading staffs:
Common complaints with most folding wading staffs are that they get stuck, vibrate in the current, or wear out…Not this one…Having built and sold several 100 staffs over the past 3 years, I believe my Riverstick has proven to be the worlds' strongest and most practical folding wading staff on the market.
The heart of the staff is the extremely durable, heavy-guage 6061 marine-grade aluminum tubing and machined inserts. A unique practical feature of the staff is that all other components: the grip, rubber tips and bungee cord are easily found in most hardware stores, This allows the staff to be totally self-maintainable, and virtually able to withstand a lifetime of use.
My logic in using the included hammer loop as the holster is that they have been used, unchanged, to carry hammers for over 100 years...You will never see a hammer carried in a neoprene, or nylon, sock...They have proven to be the perfect holster, allowing the staff to be easily deployed, or replaced, with one hand.
The staff comes with a nylon wrist strap and stainless ring just below the grip for clipping onto a retractor to let it hang extended. At 1 lb 10 ozs, it is solid, and built to last.

I build each staff to your preferred length, or can recommend a length to suit your height.
Rule of thumb for height/length: 5'5" - 5'7" = 51", 5'8" - 5'10" = 52", 5'11" - 6' 2" = 53", 6'3" - 6'5"= 54-56". A good measure is to top of waders with boots on.

Price is $100 + $20 (shipping in NA) = $120 usd total.

Please pm for further information.

View attachment 184432 View attachment 184433 View attachment 184434
Hi there I would like to order another pole plz... For a woman about 5 ft 5.... She lives in Campbell River. I can't remember where you live I think it's somewhere around there. Can you get in touch with me please and we can discuss payment and delivery etc. I will be going up to Campbell River Sunday morning if that's any help. Thank you. My cell phone number is 250-888-1667 feel free to text.

· Registered
1,273 Posts
I got out on my annual Cedar trip today. The older I get the less I like walking on slippery river cobbles; and I can handle rough, off trail terrain better than most people half my age.I relied heavily on my Riverstick and love it. Wouldn't do much/any river wading without it again.

· Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Hi there I would like to order another pole plz... For a woman about 5 ft 5.... She lives in Campbell River. I can't remember where you live I think it's somewhere around there. Can you get in touch with me please and we can discuss payment and delivery etc. I will be going up to Campbell River Sunday morning if that's any help. Thank you. My cell phone number is 250-888-1667 feel free to text.
Done....

141 - 160 of 173 Posts