Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use road kill for tying flies. Well here's one for you. It's been on the side of the road for about a month now. It has nice black shiny fur with a little white thrown in.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
You finally took that little sucker out from under that orange hat of yours? About darn time!

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
The whole thing stinks to high heaven!
BTW: that skunk can't have been there for a month Jim, it still looks too fresh? probably not the correct word to use in this instance. I have used road kill for tying materials, squirrel, mink, ferret tails. But I'd pass on yours...

LB

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The whole thing stinks to high heaven!
BTW: that skunk can't have been there for a month Jim, it still looks too fresh? probably not the correct word to use in this instance. I have used road kill for tying materials, squirrel, mink, ferret tails. But I'd pass on yours...

LB
The temps have been below freezing for quite a while now so nothing rots. Hell, the Crows and Magpies won't even touch a dead skunk. And not to worry, I ain't touching it either.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At one time Skunk was an expensive fur. My mother had one in the 40's and the 50's. Cost my dad upward in the $600.00 range. In the late and early 40's and 50's that was a lot of money.

We lived in Wisconsin then and my dad had a very good job. We had the best of everything. Then he quit his job to move to Washington to work in the Bremerton Shipyard. 1943 I think. I've
been going down hill ever since. bawling:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.