Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out to rock creek last Monday. Fished until Sunday. No really big fish,but a nice amount of very beefy,feisty fish from 10-15 inches every day. Started near trout bums & worked our way to Phillipsburg. Parachute adams,black cjs,small black Caddis & purple stuff seemed to work. A nice trip.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Got out to rock creek last Monday. Fished until Sunday. No really big fish,but a nice amount of very beefy,feisty fish from 10-15 inches every day. Started near trout bums & worked our way to Phillipsburg. Parachute adams,black cjs,small black Caddis & purple stuff seemed to work. A nice trip.
Sounds like a fun trip. I'll be staying at the merc on Wed, thur, Fri night this week and fishing rock Creek one of those days.

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
Did you hit the pools in the mini canyon, just before the first hog back?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skipped that spot. There were so many fishy areas it got a little hard to choose. also the place was empty. Bitterroot flat cg was occupied by us & one other group of campers from Thursday -Sunday. Capper was no mosquitoes.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
To the OP - I enjoyed your report. You saw a lot of beautiful country as well as many fishy areas ...

Ever since whirling disease hit (late 2000's) fish have been generally smaller (compared to the past) but more plentiful. The browns migrating from the Clark Fork in Late Sept./October (depending on the weather) will bring bigger fish.

·
Now hanging at the other, better new place
3,681 Posts
Such a fun place to spend time. That's my favorite CG on the river as well, being pretty much smack dab in the middle. Just the thought of a week there has lowered my BP a little bit.

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
I'll be there on Wed! Can't wait. Probably try to fish between the Dalles and Clark Fork and see if the Browns are coming up yet.

Anyone fished there recently?
Lost the biggest brown in my life right in that area, actually the mouth. Late September, browns stacked up right there.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'll be there on Wed! Can't wait. Probably try to fish between the Dalles and Clark Fork and see if the Browns are coming up yet.

Anyone fished there recently?
Just fished there the last few days. Didn't catch anything big but I fished mostly higher up with dries. It's a beautiful river, you will enjoy it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.